Homosexuality: The Costs
By Daniel Mann - Posted at Mann's World:
I will merely cite studies which have highlighted the costs of the homosexual lifestyle, most of which I have gleaned from www.NARTH.com. (For other sources, visit www.PFOX.org)
ATTENUATION OF LIFE:
- Study published in International Journal of Epidemiology revealed 20-year-old Gay and bisexual men in a Canadian metropolis face life expectancy 8-20 years less than that of heterosexual men in same environment. Report concluded Gay and bisexual men now face life expectancy rate similar to rates experienced by all Canadian men in 1871. (“Modeling the Impact of HIV Disease on Mortality in Gay and Bisexual Men,” International Journal of Epidemiology #26, 1997.)
- A new study which analyzed tens of thousands of gay obituaries and compared them with AIDS deaths data from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), has shown that the life expectancy for homosexuals is about twenty years shorter than that of the general public. The study, entitled “Gay obituaries closely track officially reported deaths from AIDS”, has been published in Psychological Reports (2005;96:693-697).
GAY LIFESTYLE INCREASES RATE OF STDs
- According to Journal of Clinical Pathology, homosexuals are 3.7 times more likely to be infected with gonorrhea than heterosexuals. According to their findings, 15.2% of homosexuals suffer pharyngeal (throat) gonorrhea. (“Value of Screening for Oropharyngeal Chlamydia Trachomatis Infection,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, 1995, p. 658.)
- Centers for Disease Control reports men who have sex with men at a dramatically increased risk to contract Hepatitis B. (“Viral Hepatitis B: Frequently Asked Questions,” National Center for Infectious Diseases,” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, September 29, 2000.)
- “Syphilis cases rose in 2003 for the third consecutive year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Gay men made up 60% of syphilis cases, compared with 5% in 1999. HIV diagnoses increased 17% among gay and bisexual men in 29 states between 1999 and 2002.” (Todd Henneman, “Scared of Sex,” The Advocate, August 17, 2004.)
- Reporting in the American Journal of Epidemiology, Dr. Donald R. Hoover said that a 20-year-old homosexual man, by time he reaches age 55, has 50% chance of becoming infected with HIV.